Sunday, November 28, 2010

Signing On

Greetings!  My name is Dr. Linda Lueth.  I own and operate a full-service small animal veterinary hospital, Cortaro Farms Pet Hospital, in Tucson, Arizona.  Everyday I have the pleasure of working with cats and dogs of all shapes and sizes.  Many of my patients I begin seeing when they are youngsters, and I continue to see them all the way through their golden years.  During this time, I get to know my patients and their humans very well.  I see lots of funny antics, experience many tender moments, and am able to marvel daily at the capacity of both humans and animals to love.

While I have some experience at veterinary medicine, I am pretty new to online media.  In fact, as I write this blog, I am just beginning to understand what exactly a blog is.  But, I think this blog will give me the chance to share some thoughts and insights on my practice, some helpful resources and some heart-warming stories.  I will update my blog weekly and expect that the topics will wander between informational and narrative - depending on what each week brings.   I am excited to have the opportunity to share with you. 

I must begin, though, with a warning: the information contained in my posts should never be used as a substitute for veterinary care from your family veterinarian.  Because our patients cannot talk to us, we veterinarians must rely on our senses - sight, sound, touch, and smell - to help us figure out what ails our patients.  So, in order to really tell anything, we must see and touch our patients.  Also, while something I might describe may seem to describe what your pet does or has exactly, you should never try to treat your pet on your own.  Many treatments and medications reach from human medicine across to veterinary medicine, but many do not and carry with them deadly consequences.  So, I hope you enjoy my stories and insights, but remember that there is no substitute for your family veterinarian.

Welcome, and I hope you will check back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment